Lamellar has a number of ongoing research projects with the following institutions, reflecting the significant potential for the Company’s unique lamellasome technology:
- The Institute of Infection, Immunology and Inflammation, University of Glasgow, University of Glasgow (PhD Program)
- Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow
- Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University (PhD Program)
- The Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh (Two PhD Program)
- Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde (SULSA PhD studentship)
- An ongoing program of research with The Institute of Infection and Global Health, University of Liverpool
- An ongoing program of research with the Edinburgh Complex Fluids Partnership (ECFP), University of Edinburgh.
- Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance, a research-pooling partnership between the Universities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews and Strathclyde supported by the Scottish Funding Council.
- University Medical Centre Utrecht
Lamellar’s CMO partner Nova Laboratories (Nova) is a privately owned organisation that operates under MHRA licences in the following areas:
- ‘Specials’ Compounding.
- Clinical Manufacturing.
- Commercial Manufacturing.
- Support Services.
Nova has developed extensive expertise in the use of high-integrity, gassed isolator technology (acknowledged by regulators as ‘Advanced Aseptic Technology’). Nova’s ability to perform complex and novel aseptic processes has resulted in clinical manufacturing of parenterals and devices becoming the largest and fastest growing of their manufacturing activities and has also allowed them to develop commercial manufacturing processes for specialist sterile products.
Above: Modular sterile manufacturing facilities at Nova